Dental mistakes can cause serious physical harm and financial strain, and finding an attorney in Bardstown, KY, who handles dental malpractice cases can be difficult. Fortunately, if you or a loved one has suffered due to the negligence of a dental professional, McCoy & Hiestand is here to help you seek compensation.
Our Bardstown dental medical malpractice attorneys have the expertise and resources to handle claims involving serious dental complications. We understand the challenges of these cases and are here to help you overcome them.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Common Reasons for Filing Dental Malpractice Claims
Dental complications are often the result of negligence on the part of a dentist or other professional and can cause tremendous pain and suffering.
Performing an incorrect procedure, improper administration of anesthesia or other sedatives, or a failure or delay of diagnosis all constitute dental malpractice, which may necessitate legal action.
Our Bardstown personal injury lawyers can help you seek compensation for serious injuries causing the following:
- Nerve damage
- Severe facial nerve damage
- Bone loss
- Permanent jaw damage
- Septic infections
- Facial paralysis
- Loss of jaw function
- Loss of taste
- Delay in oral cancer diagnosis
- Wrongful death
You might be eligible for financial compensation if you or a family member suffered serious consequences after a dental procedure.
Dental malpractice legal claims are constantly evolving, with new information leading to shifts in precedent. As a result, consulting with a knowledgeable lawyer is crucial.
Work With Chad and Sheila Today
Available Damages in a Bardstown Dental Malpractice Case
When a medical or dental professional fails to provide a reasonable standard of care, it can result in serious injuries, long-term health complications, and even death. Fortunately, dental malpractice victims and their families may be eligible to recover damages through a lawsuit.
Available damages in this kind of case can include the following:
- Medical expenses related to the injury or illness caused by the dental professional
- Lost wages and earning potential due to missed work or disability
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
- “Loss of consortium,” which refers to the effects of the injury or illness on the victim’s marital relationship
- Punitive damages intended to punish the medical or dental professional for extreme negligence
If you or a loved one is the victim of dental or medical malpractice, an experienced Bardstown attorney can help you pursue fair compensation.
Need An Experienced And Dedicated Team On Your Side?
Establishing Liability in a Dental Medical Malpractice Case
At McCoy & Heistand, we understand that proving liability is essential in dental medical malpractice cases. One of our attorneys can help you build a strong case by establishing the following elements of negligence:
- You were owed a basic level of care when you sought treatment at the dentist’s office.
- The dentist or hygienist made a mistake due to negligence that other professionals in the same situation would not have made.
- The dentist’s error caused the injury or illness you sustained.
- Your injury or illness resulted in losses you would not have experienced otherwise.
It’s important to note that not every dental complication qualifies as negligence. For instance, if you experience a minor infection or dry socket after getting a tooth pulled, that’s probably not enough to file a claim.
This is because of the informed consent form you likely signed and the fact that such complications are common. A Bardstown dental medical malpractice attorney from our team can determine whether you have a case.
How Our Attorneys Can Help With Your Case
Medical malpractice claims can be complex and require extensive legal knowledge and experience. Our Bardstown attorneys can:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the case and gather evidence.
- Consult with medical or dental experts to determine the standard of care and whether it was breached.
- Handle all communication and negotiations with insurance companies and other involved parties.
- Advocate for your rights and interests in court if a settlement agreement cannot be reached.
- Explain the legal process and provide support throughout your case.
We aim to assist you in achieving the best possible outcome and holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
Need A Lawyer That Will Fight For your Rights?
Statute of Limitations for Kentucky Dental Malpractice Claims
If you or a loved one has been a victim of dental negligence in the Bardstown area, you must act quickly, as there are time limits for filing a lawsuit.
The statute of limitations for dental malpractice claims in Kentucky is one year. The deadline could be calculated from the day you discovered the injury or the last treatment date.
This time limit is outlined in Kentucky Revised Statutes § 413.140. However, the law allows for certain exceptions, so seeking legal advice as soon as possible will help you keep your options open.
Contact a Bardstown Dental Medical Malpractice Lawyer
It is best to get in touch with a qualified personal injury lawyer immediately if you or a loved one has suffered harm due to medical malpractice involving a dental procedure. An attorney can review your case and determine whether you have grounds to pursue legal action.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced attorney at McCoy & Hiestand. Our team is ready to provide you with the legal representation you deserve. Contact our Bardstown office today for a free consultation.
Let Us Put Our 58 Years Of Trial Experience Towards Your Case.