“The Real McCoy”
Chad is a founding partner and “Of Counsel” at McCoy & Hiestand, PLC.
Chad McCoy is a lawyer that works for you. His passion lies in making things right for his client, whatever the issue. Chad wants to make sure that you get the representation and compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies use their economic power to leverage victims into taking a settlement that is less than they deserve and less than the law provides. Your case is important to you and therefore it’s important to Chad.
Chad began practicing law in 1995 after graduating from the University of Kentucky Law School. Chad worked for some of the largest law firms – likes Stites & Harbison and Parr, Waddoups, Brown, Gee, & Loveless (now Parr Brown). Not satisfied representing big corporations, Chad left the big firms and starting representing real people with real problems. Having met each other back in the 90’s, and knowing and working together for almost twenty years, Chad & Sheila joined forces to create the Dream Team at McCoy & Hiestand, PLC.
In 2016 Chad was asked to run for the Kentucky State Legislature where he served 3 terms representing the 50th District in Kentucky. During his political career he was elected by his peers to serve as the House Majority Whip for two terms. Chad did not seek re-election in 2022 and completed his mediation certification from Cornell University.
- Graduated from Virginia Tech with BS in Finance, minor in Economics
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Kentucky, College of Law – Magna Cum Laude; Order of the Coif
- Certified as a Mediator from Cornell University.
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Nelson County Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Association for Justice
- Kentucky U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The National Trial Lawyers Association , Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Kentucky
- Bourbon Hall of Fame