Suffering a traumatic brain injury can be a life-changing event, not only for the individual but also for their loved ones. The physical, emotional, and financial toll of such an injury can be overwhelming, leaving victims and their families unsure of what to do next. In these difficult times, seeking legal help from an experienced Lexington traumatic brain injury lawyer can make all the difference.
Understanding your rights and taking the necessary legal steps can ensure that you receive the compensation and support you deserve. On this page, we will discuss the importance of seeking help from McCoy & Hiestand for brain injuries and how our Lexington personal injury lawyers can guide you through the legal process.
What Constitutes as a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a complex injury to the brain that can occur as a result of a blow or jolt to the head, a penetrating head injury, or even from the forceful shaking of the head. It is important to understand the different ways in which a TBI can occur, as the severity and symptoms can vary greatly.
Some common causes of TBIs include:
These incidents can result in damage to the brain’s normal functioning, leading to a wide range of physical, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral symptoms.
Symptoms of a TBI can be mild or extreme and may include headaches, dizziness, memory problems, difficulty concentrating, mood swings, depression, and even coma or death in severe cases. It is crucial to seek medical attention if you or a loved one has experienced a head injury, as prompt diagnosis and treatment can greatly impact the outcome.
In legal terms, a traumatic brain injury can be classified as a catastrophic personal injury, and those who have suffered from such injuries may be entitled to compensation. Seeking legal help from the attorneys at McCoy & Hiestand can help ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Work With Chad and Sheila Today
Potential Damages You Can Recover in a TBI Lawsuit
When filing a lawsuit for a traumatic brain injury (TBI), it is important to understand the potential damages that may be available to you. These damages are intended to compensate you for the physical, emotional, and financial losses you have suffered as a result of your injury.
Some potential damages that may be awarded in a TBI lawsuit include:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of all past and future medical treatments, surgeries, hospital stays, medications, rehabilitation, and therapy sessions related to your TBI.
- Lost wages: If your TBI has prevented you from working or has limited your ability to earn income, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: TBI can cause immense physical and emotional pain. Compensation for pain and suffering is intended to provide relief and acknowledge the impact your injury has had on your overall quality of life.
- Loss of consortium: This type of damages is given to compensate the victim’s spouse or family members for the loss of the injured person’s companionship, support, and services.
- Rehabilitation and assistive devices: If your TBI requires ongoing rehabilitation or the use of assistive devices, you may be entitled to compensation for these expenses.
It is important to note that every TBI case is unique, and the damages awarded will depend on the specific circumstances of your injury. Consulting with an experienced Lexington traumatic brain injury lawyer will help you understand the potential damages you may be eligible to receive and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
Need An Experienced And Dedicated Team On Your Side?
How Can Our Brain Injury Attorneys Help You?
When it comes to navigating the legal system after suffering a traumatic brain injury (TBI), having the support and guidance of a skilled Lexington traumatic brain injury attorney can make a world of difference.
The role of a lawyer in these cases is to advocate for the rights of the injured individual and their loved ones, ensuring that they receive the compensation and support they deserve.
- Building a strong case: A traumatic brain injury lawyer will assess the details of your case and determine if you have grounds for a personal injury claim. We will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and consult with medical experts to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Handling the legal process: We will also handle all the legal paperwork and negotiations with insurance companies, taking the burden off your shoulders during this difficult time.
- Legal advice: Additionally, a lawyer will help you understand your rights and the legal process, providing you with the information you need to make informed decisions. We will answer any questions you may have and provide guidance every step of the way.
- Access to resources: A traumatic brain injury lawyer in Lexington will also have access to a network of professionals, including medical experts and rehabilitation specialists, who can provide further support and guidance in your recovery journey.
Ultimately, the role of a lawyer is to be your advocate and fight for your rights. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the compensation and support you need to rebuild your life after a traumatic brain injury.
Contact a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Lexington, KY Now
Seeking legal help for traumatic brain injuries is crucial for ensuring that you receive the compensation and support you deserve. The physical, emotional, and financial toll of a brain injury can be overwhelming, but with the guidance of a knowledgeable Lexington traumatic brain injury lawyer, you can navigate the legal process with confidence.
Don’t face the aftermath of a brain injury alone – reach out to McCoy & Hiestand for legal assistance today and take the first step towards rebuilding your life. Contact us now to learn more about your potential case.
Let Us Put Our 58 Years Of Trial Experience Towards Your Case.