Rideshare services provide a convenient and affordable way to get around town. Unfortunately, drivers for services like Uber and Lyft aren’t always properly screened before the company authorizes them to drive for their service. This can result in serious accidents caused by driver negligence.
You might be entitled to financial compensation if a rideshare driver caused your injuries. However, rideshare vehicle cases are often more complex than a standard car wreck. That’s why you need an experienced Kentucky Uber and Lyft accident lawyer to represent you.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Kentucky Rideshare Accident Liability
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident in Kentucky, you may wonder who is liable for your injuries and losses. In general, liability in a rideshare collision depends on several factors, including the cause of the accident, the driver’s status at the time of the crash, and the insurance policies in place.
If the rideshare driver is at fault in the collision, they may be liable for any injuries. However, determining liability in these incidents can be complex, and the rideshare company or even a third party may also be held liable depending on the circumstances of the accident.
For example, the rideshare company may be liable in many cases if the incident occurred while the driver was actively working on the rideshare app. The company’s insurance policy may cover your damages in this situation.
After a rideshare collision in Kentucky, it’s important to seek legal advice from a qualified rideshare accident lawyer who can help you identify the liable party.
A Kentucky Uber and Lyft accident attorney from our firm could investigate the crash, determine who is liable for your injuries and other damages, and help you seek financial compensation. This money could come from an insurance claim or a lawsuit.
Suing an At-Fault Party in Kentucky
Kentucky is a no-fault state; however, exceptions to the state’s no-fault law allow you to sue an at-fault party after an accident.
Exceptions include cases involving:
- $1,000 or more in medical expenses
- A broken bone
- Permanent disfigurement
- Permanent injury
So if you were badly hurt, please understand that you have options beyond seeking compensation through personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
Work With Chad and Sheila Today
Common Rideshare Accident Injuries
You may be recovering from painful injuries after a serious accident involving an Uber or Lyft.
Here are some common injuries that can result from one of these collisions:
- Whiplash: This common injury occurs when the head is suddenly jerked forward and then snapped back, often causing neck and shoulder pain.
- Back injuries: These can range from minor strains to more serious spinal cord injuries, leading to devastating paralysis.
- Head injuries: Head trauma can be mild, like a concussion, or more severe, like a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Broken bones: Broken bones can result from the force of the impact in a car accident.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries include injuries that affect the muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
After sustaining injuries in a car accident, you may face a growing stack of medical bills, lost income from missing work, and other crash-related financial consequences.
Need An Experienced And Dedicated Team On Your Side?
Damages that May be Available After a Lyft or Uber Accident
You may be entitled to compensation for various losses if you have been severely injured. Here are some of the damages that may be available:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to recover compensation for medical expenses related to the crash, including hospital bills, doctor visits, medication costs, and rehabilitation costs.
- Lost wages: If you could not work due to your injuries, you could recover compensation for lost income.
- Pain and suffering: If you experienced physical or emotional pain and suffering due to the accident, you might be eligible for compensation for these damages.
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, you need compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Loss of enjoyment: If your injuries prevent you from participating in activities you previously enjoyed, such as hobbies or sports, you could seek compensation for the loss of enjoyment.
What a Kentucky Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer Can Do for Your Case
The aftermath of a collision can be stressful, and the insurance company could try to minimize your compensation or deny your claim outright.
Here’s what a Kentucky Uber and Lyft accident lawyer can do for your case:
- Provide legal advice and representation: An experienced attorney can provide legal support throughout the claims or litigation process.
- Investigate the crash: Your lawyer can help investigate the accident by gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with experts to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Identify liable parties: In a Lyft or Uber accident, multiple parties may be liable for your injuries and losses. Your lawyer can help identify all potentially liable parties, including the driver, the rideshare company, and other drivers involved in the collision.
- Deal with insurance companies: Negotiating with insurers can be tricky. A lawyer can handle all communication and negotiations with insurance carriers on your behalf.
- Represent you in court: If your case goes to court, your lawyer can represent you and fight for your interests.
Need A Lawyer That Will Fight For your Rights?
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
One thing that sets our firm apart is our experience in handling personal injury cases, particularly those involving motor vehicle accidents. Our Kentucky rideshare accident lawyers deeply understand the laws and regulations that govern these types of cases and are dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve.
Another thing that sets us apart is our commitment to providing personalized attention to each client. We take the time to listen to your concerns and goals, so we can tailor our legal services to meet your needs. Based on our testimonials, our clients know how much we care about them.
We understand that personal injury cases can be stressful and overwhelming, and we are here to help in any way possible. We can answer questions and guide you through the legal process, from the initial consultation to the case resolution.
Contact Our Kentucky Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney Today
Even if it is obvious that the collision was the rideshare driver’s fault, you can expect the insurance company to try to minimize your payout. Increase your chance of a fair settlement by contacting a respected rideshare accident lawyer at McCoy & Hiestand.
Don’t sign a settlement agreement without talking to us first! We can help you understand the full value of your claim. Contact us now to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Let Us Put Our 58 Years Of Trial Experience Towards Your Case.