1. Call for help or assistance — Remain calm and reach out to someone you trust to help you in your time of need, especially if you’re alone at the scene of the accident and find yourself in pain.
2. Gather contact information of witnesses — Collect as much information as you can about witnesses including names, phone numbers, and addresses, if possible. You may need to call on them in the future.
3. Take photos of the scene of the fall — Be sure to document the exact location of your fall as well as anything in your path that you believe may have contributed to your accident. It is important to document conditions immediately, as the condition of the location may change from one day to the next.
4. Seek medical attention for your injuries — Don’t wait. Your health is most important. Get the medical help you need right away to make sure you’re on your road to recovery as quickly as possible.
5. Report accident & make a copy of documentation — Be sure to fill out an accident report with the owner/manager/necessary party before you leave the location. Ask for a copy of the report for your records.
6. Hold onto footwear & clothing from accident — Place your shoes and clothing in storage even if they become tattered and cannot be worn again. These items may become evidence for your case down the road, so be sure not to dispose of them.
7. Call an attorney while details are fresh in your mind — Again, don’t wait. Call an attorney right away to receive help and guidance during your time of need. You may be able to collect compensation for your injuries and medical costs.
If you have been a victim of a slip and fall, contact McCoy, Hiestand & Smith today. This type of incident is not your fault, and you should be compensated for your troubles.
Let Us Put Our 58 Years Of Trial Experience Towards Your Case.